**New for 2019 – Double elimination bracket format **
1. A Scratch Masters event will be offered to all bowling participants competing in the
DIGLIT singles, doubles and team events, who have not been an active Professional
Bowling Association (PBA) member for one (1) year. Amateurs who have competed in a
PBA event, but are not members of the PBA will be allowed to compete. The
Tournament Director may re-rate a bowler into a higher division at his discretion with no
additional fee required.
2. An entrant All-Events score (sum of singles, doubles and team) is used to determine the
qualifiers in each division and seeding for the Double Elimination Bracket. In case of a
tie for the qualifying positions, the winner will be determined by the highest scratch game
bowled in the Singles, Doubles, and Team events. If needed, the next highest score will
be used to resolve any ties, and continue until the tie(s) are resolved.
3. There will be four (4) divisions, determined by entering average. In the event that there
are not eight (8) entrants in a division, the division may be cancelled. Those entrants will
be given the option to move to the next higher division. If an entrant does not wish to
move to the higher division, the Scratch Masters entry fee will be refunded. The
Tournament Director may elect to allow a partial division to proceed in the competition
with a majority agreement of the participants. The divisions are defined as follows:
1. Division A: Averages 200 and above
2. Division B: Averages 199 to 176
3. Division C: Averages 175 to 151
4. Division D: Averages 150 and below
4. The top eight (8) qualifiers in each division will be seeded into a Double Elimination
Bracket by scratch score as follows. 1st seed vs 8th seed (Match 1), 2nd seed vs 7th seed (Match 4), 3rd seed vs 6th seed (Match 3), and 4th seed vs 5th seed (Match 2). Matches will be (1) game. Round 1 consists of Matches 1-4.
5. Round 2 will consist of the Winner’s bracket matches 6 & 7 as well as Loser’s Bracket
matches 5 & 6.
6. At the end of round 2, the losers of matches 5 & 6 will be eliminated. The player with the
higher scratch total (2 games) will place 7th while the lowest scoring bowler will be 8th
7. Round 3 will consist Winner’s Bracket Match 11; Loser’s Matches 9 & 10.
8. At the end of round 3, the losers of matches 9 & 10 will be eliminated. The player with
the higher scratch total (3 games) will place 5th while the lowest scoring bowler will be 6th
9. Round 4 will consist of Loser’s Match 12 with the loser placing 4th
10. Round 5 will consist of Loser’s Match 13 with the loser placing 3rd
11. Round 6 will consist of Match 14 where the winners of both brackets face off. If the
bowler from the Winner’s Bracket wins then they are crowned the winner with the
defeated player going home in 2nd place.
12. Round 7 (if needed) will consist of Match 15 where if the Winner of the Loser’s Bracket
wins Match 14 the bowlers will then bowl a final match to determine who finishes 1st & 2nd.
13. If there is a tie then the bowlers will have a 9/10 Frame roll off to determine winner of
the match. This will continue until a winner is determined.
14. Play will be conducted PBA style where the bowler on the left lane will shoot one frame
then the right bowler will shoot two frames, each alternating two consecutive frames until
the match is complete. The highest seeded bowler in each match will have a choice of
being the right or left bowler. In the event that a bye exists for any reason in a round, the
bowler will automatically move on.
15. Payout will be 100% of the entry fees, less lineage, and will pay at least the top four
finishers in each division.
16. Scratch Masters check-in will be thirty (30) minutes following the completion of the team event on Sunday, June 23, 2019 at Sonesta Lanes for all Divisions. A bowler who is not checked-in at the scheduled time will be disqualified and an alternate will replace the
17. Bowlers will be allowed (5) minutes of practice before the first Round. For each
subsequent round each bowlers will be allowed 2 balls on each lane prior to the start of
each round thereafter. Finalists who are waiting for a match will be provided a practice
18. Any scoring errors must be resolved before the next ball is thrown, once the correction
has been made then competition will continue.
19. Any issues not covered by these rules shall be resolved by the Tournament Director,
whose decision is final.